Delano TransportationTransportation Services Department:
- Manages and operates the Delano Municipal Airport
- Operates and manages Delano Area Rapid Transit (DART) fixed route and dial-a-ride services
- Oversees the compressed natural gas (CNG) station at the city's Corporation Yard
- Regulates taxi cab services in accordance with the city's taxi cab ordinance
Transit Services DivisionThe Transit Services Division is responsible for the management and operations of the city’s transit service, DART.
- Administers and supervises the transit operations
- Coordinates transit service with other agencies
- Files reports and claims for transit funding
- Monitors and administers the city's taxi services
- Plans existing and future services
- Promotes and advertise the transit services
Airport DivisionThe Airport Division is responsible for the management and operation of Delano Municipal Airport. Delano Municipal Airport is an uncontrolled airfield offering a 5,651-foot runway and light aviation services and is open to the public. The airport was first opened in April of 1940. The airport encompasses approximately 520 acres, with a variety of parcels available for industrial use and aviation services. The airport is located just two miles Southeast of Delano.
- Kern Regional Transit provides bus service between Delano, McFarland, Wasco, Shafter and Bakersfield
- Tulare County Area Transit (TCaT) provides bus service between Delano, Richgrove, Earlimart and Tulare
- Greyhound, Cruero, TEO and Transportes Intercalifornias
- Orange Belt Stages provides intercity transportation service to areas beyond Delano
- Eagle Mountain Casino and Tachi Palace Casino and Hotel provides shuttle service from Delano to casinos is Porterville and Lemoore
DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE)
Overall Goal for FFY 2015-2018 Delano Transit has a proposed DBE Overall Goal of 7.49% for federally funded contracts awarded between October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2018. Delano Transit proposed goal and the corresponding goal-setting methodology are available for public review and comment.