On October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 was signed and incorporated a section to the California Public Records Act. SB 272 requires local agencies to create a catalog on Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 and to be updated annually.
Under the bill
is defined as a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- departmentalize system or system that collects information collected about the public.
- A system of record (system that serves an original source of data within an agency)
The following are excluded from the definition of Enterprise System:
- IT security systems, firewalls and cyber-security systems
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions.
- systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services
- systems that would be restricted from disclosure pursuant to section 6254.19.
- Specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes
Enterprise System Catalog (City of Delano)