The Refuse Department ensures the safe, effective and environmentally sound collection and management of the city’s Solid Waste Program. The department abides by AB939 requirements and promotes waste reduction and recycling.
See a map of the garbage routes
- Deliver containers and informational literature to new accounts
- Collect the refuse from downtown pedestrian receptacles
- Monitor the successful progress of the green waste and recycling programs
- Provide services for special community events and special pickups
- Residential, commercial, and prison refuse collection