🚩 Welcome to the new Virtual Recreation page!
You are probably asking yourself “What on earth is virtual recreation and how does it work?”
We wanted to devise a way to stay engaged with our families while all of us navigate the unprecedented changes. We’re bringing you resources, activities, story time, games and so much more for everyone in your family to enjoy…from the comfort of your own home, in your neighborhood or at one of our parks.
We hope to be able to Join the Fun with you in person soon! Until then Join the Fun with us virtually!
- Yoga for kids:www.cosmickids.com
- Let kids do the cooking: www.nomsterchef.com
- Indoor games & activities: whatmomslove.com/kids/active-indoor-games-activities-for-kids-to-burn-energy/
- Free kids workout videos:www.fitnessblender.com/videos/fitness-blender-kids-workout-25-minute-fun-workout-for-kids-at-home
- Daily Science Labs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLki90Aw2Gjdd5em4bsx72_Wgm9hJHes0R
- National Geographic Kids:http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- Smithsonian Institute: www.si.edu/kids
- Coloring Pages: http://www.hellokids.com/
- Actors/actresses read children’s books: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Word Search: https://thewordsearch.com/cat/kids-puzzles/ @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Free workout videos for every fitness level: www.fitnessblender.com
- Yoga workouts: www.doyogawithme.com/
- Yoga w/Adriene: www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283Sxch
- A Pop Sugar Fitness: www.youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg
- Jazzercise at Home: www.youtube.com/channel/UC1kTYi8SIHFct--G3mooqr
- A Sweat with SELF: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Ax6CP9_hgPjjCrA9zNH9ebuvgJ1riXd @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- San Diego Zoo: https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/videos
- Yellowstone National Park: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/virtualtours.htm
- Virtual Tour of the Louvre – Paris, France: https://youtu.be/hGtxqkbovjo
- Virtual Disney World videos: www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyJUEtYv-ZW7BgjhP3UbTg/videos
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- International Space Station: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/suni_iss_tour.html
- Ellis Island: http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/immigration/webcast.htm
- Mount Rushmore: https://www.cyark.org/projects/mount-rushmore-national-memorial/virtual-tour
- The White House: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-white-house
- The Solar System: https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/solar-system/our-solar-system/overview/ @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Get Movin’: 15 Fun Fitness Activities for Kids: Playing follow the leader or having a scavenger hunt are two things you could do to be active indoors or outdoors.
- Fitness Circuit Course: Make a circuit of different activity stations in your yard and spend time going through each station to get some outdoor activity.
- Indoor Physical Activity Ideas for Families: Jump around while you watch a movie or TV show, or play Simon Says with siblings or friends.
- Fitness Games for Kids: Set up some cones for an obstacle course and time yourself to see how fast you can run around the cones from start to finish.
- Uno Fitness: You’ll need a deck of Uno cards to play this fitness game that involves doing specific exercises for the different cards played.
- Study Break Yoga: Take a break from class and try some deep belly breathing with this yoga video.
- 14 Ways for Kids to Increase Physical Fitness and Awareness: Take a walk or a bike ride, learn a new sport, dance to music, or work toward earning the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
- How to Play Hopscotch: Hopscotch is a fun game you can play by yourself or with others, and all you need is some chalk, a small stone, and some space on the driveway or sidewalk for drawing.
- Banana, Banana, Meatball! Learn about patterns and get your body moving at the same time with this fun GoNoodle video.
- DIY Fitball: Fun Fitness Activity: Play fitball with your family with some music and a big beach ball, which you’ll pass to each other while the music is playing. When the music stops, you’ll do a physical activity such as jumping jacks or running in place.
- Nutrition and Exercise Activities: Organize a fitness scavenger hunt to find people who can do things like jump rope ten times without missing or who choose playing outdoors instead of staying inside to watch TV.
- 25 Exercise Games and Indoor Activities to Get Kids Moving: Have crab or bear-walk races to exercise and have fun at the same time.
- 31 Fitness Activities for Kids That You Can Do as a Family: Draw an obstacle course on the driveway or sidewalk and practice your agility moves to make your way through it.
- Fun Fitness Activities for Kids: Tell or read stories out loud and as you go through the actions in the stories, act them out so you get exercise at the same time. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>